Friday, February 5, 2010

You Better Run, You Better Take Cover.

Shame on you Larrikin Music.
The Land Down Under is a great song.
I am the last person to drape a flag around my neck and go shirtless into public screaming 'Oi Oi Oi'.
I love playing that song on my guitar, because I think I got a good way of playing it, its my own acoustic style, and people enjoy it, and most importantly, I enjoy it.
Only now after a court battle I find that the flute riff is "Kookaburra sits in the Old Gum Tree". I dont play that bit on guitar, and now Colin Hayes probaly wont ask Greg Ham to play it either.
Since when should music be dissected and Men At Work told many years (over 20 I think), that they have stolen a riff from a song so entrenched in our musical history.
We sang "Kookaburra sits in the Old Gum Tree", in primary school, this would mean, that as a government school, they should be paying APRA fees. Thats because the song is licensed by Larrikin Music, a company that betrays its own name and ..............ahem..........Im calling it.............fucking, money grabbing, unaustralian arseholes.
Dont be fooled folks, any money they get aint going to its author, its going to America....yup....Larrikin Music is owened by The Music Sales Corporation in New York. How AouZZieee is that.
Personaly, I hated that part of the song, and the guitar chords are D, A, B, G, A.
Feel free to know that even though Colin Hayes is Scottish, he would be honored that you are paying homage to his song, because he is like one of us,
Larrikin Music, you make 'Women groan and men chunder".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your current artіclе offеrs verifiеԁ bеneficiаl to mе.
It’ѕ very informative and you really are obνiously quitе еduсated in thіs fіeld.
Үou have oрened up ouг eyes in οrder to varуing viewѕ on this κinԁ of matter with intrіquing, notable anԁ reliable articlеs.
My web page : phentermine

Anonymous said...

This is a good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
Short but very accurate info… Many thanks for sharing this one.
A must read article!

my website Dorris Witting